What should we bring?
We recommend that you should bring old comfortable clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Nights get cool so bring long sleeves for the evening. Bring snacks for the day.
Should I bring my camera or video camera?
Yes! There will be plenty of “firsts” that you’ll want to capture to remember your farm vacation.
How far in advance should I make reservations?
Weekends book quickly. To avoid disappointment, book your stay as soon as you have a definite date! Please call us at (518) 239-6950 to finalize your reservations
When are the baby animals born?
Baby lambs and calves are born in sync with nature and start arriving mid-May. However, from May till September we have a hatch of baby chicks delivered every 2 weeks so that every guest has an opportunity to hold them.
Will an itinerary be provided?
Yes, on arrival you will receive both an itinerary and map of the farm.
- Families who want to try a new experience that includes an educational component for everyone.
- Grandparents looking for a great time with their grandchildren.
- We love groups! We have had a lot of experience with Girl Scout groups, Boy Scout groups, family reunions, church groups, etc.
When is the best time to visit?
Anytime during the spring, summer, and fall! Whether you are looking for the green of spring, the lazy afternoons of summer, or the amazing colors of fall, it’s all here at Hull-O Farms.
- No fireplaces but we have wood-stoves.
- Yes, we have TV’s with local reception . Feel free to bring your DVD’s since there are DVD/VHS players included in your private house.
- Room phones are not available but you are welcome to use our main house phone at no extra charge.
Do you have wireless internet?
Yes, Wi-Fi in all of our guest houses as well as the main house.
Is the countryside worth viewing?
The countryside is beautiful and we highly recommend taking some time to enjoy it.
Are there antiques nearby?
The town of Hudson is renowned for their antiques that range from affordable to high end.
Can I bring my pet?
City and farm animals don’t always get along. However, we can provide you with information on local kennels.
What should we do in case of rain?
Since the animals still require feedings and chores still need to get done, bring along some rain gear, books, and games for chores and downtime. A great place to escape the weather is Howe’s Caverns, just 45 minutes away.