Did you know America’s farmers support 24 million jobs? U.S. farmers supply 41.56% of the world’s corn! Here’s a look into the impact America’s farmers have:
- There are 90 million acres of land planted to corn in the U.S., most of which is grown in the heartland.
- In 1960, a U.S. farm family fed 26 people. This year they’ll feed 155 people.
- 24 million jobs are supported by U.S. farmers, making them the largest employer in the nation.
- 98% of America’s farms are owned by families.
- Farmers contributed to a trade surplus of 34 billion dollars. That’s enough to buy every family in America a loaf of bread every week for the next 4 years.
- One acre of soy beans can produce 82,368 crayons.
- A family of 4 can live for 10 years off of the bread from 1 acre of wheat.
- The U.S. exported 38.5 million tons of soybeans in 2008. That’s equal to the weight of 95 Empire State Buildings.
- Farmers and ranchers provide food and habitat for 75% of the nation’s wildlife!
- Farmers will need to produce more food in the next 50 years than was produced in the previous 10,000 combined.
America’s farmers not only grow America, they grow the world. To learn more about America’s farmers and the impact they have on the world, visit AmericasFarmers.com.
Visit us at Hull-O Farms to meet Farmer Frank and learn more about our farm and our animals.